Hands-on labs are a powerful feature of Cloud Academy. They give you training access to web platforms where you would usually have to pay for access. Because of the power of this feature, we have to be especially careful to apply operational, functional, and networking limitations. The limitations make it possible to share the resources with all users and help prevent hands-on labs from being used improperly.
Some of the operational and functional limitations include the following:
- You may not allocate more than 100 GB for storage.
- You may not create more than five (5) instances.
- You may not allocate more than 160 IOPS on provisioned IOPS.
Exceeding the following networking limitations during a single lab session can also trigger a ban:
- Total incoming network traffic: 10 GB
- Total outgoing network traffic: 3GB
- Total number of incoming network packets: 10 million
- Total number of outgoing network packets: 10 million
Our hands-on labs do not instruct users to exceed any of these limitations, and users who try may be blocked from using hands-on labs temporarily or permanently. If your account is temporarily blocked, you will have access again after a period of time, usually a few hours. If you need help, you can send a request to our Customer Support.