This article is for enterprise administrators, team managers, and stakeholders who have access to management tools. This article contains the following sections:
- What to do first
- Tour the management dashboard
- Set up your teams
- Check out the library
- Assign training
- Watch the results
- Update your settings
- What's next
Welcome to your Cloud Academy account! We are so glad you chose Cloud Academy to help fill your team's skill gaps and optimize their learning.
What to do first
If you created a Small Team account on your own using our Pricing and plans webpage, you should have received an email with information about setting up your account.
Tip: The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. To make sure you receive this and other emails, update your spam filter to allow this address.
Tip: That email contains a link to schedule a complimentary training consultation with a member of our Client Success team. Take advantage of this meeting if you can. It's a quick, free way to get a jump start on using the Cloud Academy platform.
First, you probably want to take a look around the tools that are available to you.
Tour the management dashboard
The management dashboard is where you find all the tools to manage your teams, assign training, keep an eye on analytics, and administer your account.
Tip: The Management Dashboard article in this help center lists all of the features available to you to manage your teams and your accounts, including links to deep-dive descriptions, procedures, and best practices for your use cases.
You get to the management dashboard by clicking the building icon on the left side of the toolbar at the top of the screen.
When you first open the management dashboard, you see the Organization screen, which is a great place to start. Here is where you can create teams and invite users.
Set up your teams
Right away, you can start creating your teams and inviting your team members to join the platform.
These tools on the Organization screen start most of the processes you need to complete for your teams:
- The # Members drop-down will show you how many content-access licenses you still have available to assign to new members who will complete training in the platform. You can also add members who don't complete training, like managers or stakeholders, without using a license. See Licenses and Roles for a complete information.
- The Create Team button is how you start creating teams. You can add members to the teams as part of the team-creation process.
- The Invite a user button lets you invite someone to your account without needing to specify a team. You can also bulk import users through this screen by selecting the Import CSV link.
- The Advanced Search link is so unassuming, you might not realize how powerful it is. Click this link to see a list of all your members, teams, and join requests, plus search on names and email addresses.
- The View members link appears only if you have members who are not assigned to a team. Click here to find the right team for the unassigned members.
The Managing Cloud Academy Teams and Managing Members articles in this help center go through all the procedures you need to manage your teams and members. Check them out if you're not sure what to do next.
Check out the library
Next, you'll want to start assigning training. To find the content you want to assign, you need to take a look at the training library.
Open the training library by clicking the Browse Library button in the top toolbar. You can navigate through the content using the navigation bar on the left.
- Getting Started shows links to beginner-level topics.
- Cloud Platform highlights content related to the big cloud providers.
- Job Role Path has pre-selected content to get learners ready for a particular job role in your company. See Job Role Paths for more information.
- Certifications contains training to get members ready to sit major certification exams.
- Topics groups content by the general concepts it's related to.
Tip: If you don't have a specific goal already in mind, this category is a great place to start. You will probably recognize one of the topics as something you're interested in!
If you already know what concept or technology you're looking for, you can also use the library search. Type in a search term and press enter to see search results.
You have several filters you can use for the search results, plus you can change the sort order. See Training Library Search for more information.
Tip: Start by filtering the Content type to include only learning paths. Learning paths are collections of courses, quizzes, exams, and hands-on labs on a related topic. You can search for smaller learning units, but for your first assignments, a learning path is a great place to start. See Using the Different Content Types in Cloud Academy to learn more about all the content types.
Career Paths are a great tool if you already have a clearly defined progression of job roles as a person develops through their career at your company. For each step along the path, you can define what level of proficiency your team members need in a list of technical skills. The platform can assess each member's current level in each skill and automatically assign the right training.
At this point, though, you probably just want to get started with some training. The best tool to for a quick start is programs.
When you create a program, you can choose the skills you want to train. The platform will give your team members an assessment for each skill, then choose the right place in the training for them to start based on what they already know.
Alternatively, you can skip the skills and just choose learning paths you want to assign with a program. Tip: Consider keeping a tab open with your program while you browse the library in another tab. That way you can thoroughly explore the content in the library before adding it to your program.
Watch the results
The Intelligence section of the management dashboard has tools that give you insights into how your team members are progressing. One handy tool is the Analytics dashboard.
And there are more tools available to you:
- The Certifications dashboard shows all the certifications your team members report accomplishing through their Cloud Academy accounts.
- The Skill Profiles dashboard lets you see how your teams and team members are progressing in their skills over time.
- Analytics, shown above
- Reports to run or integrate with your business analytics package. See each Reports article for a deep-dive in what the reports can do, and see Reports API for ideas about getting information from Cloud Academy reports into your other business systems.
Update your settings
You probably don't need to change anything about your settings right away, but it's good to know where to look if the need comes up. You can find your settings by clicking the gear icon near the bottom of the left navigation toolbar.
The Settings screen has five tabs:
- The Company Details tab is where you can customize your experience to reinforce your corporate branding. You can upload your company logo, name, and website. You can customize the email message that team members receive when you invite them to join your account. You can also set a domain whitelist and set up auto-approving join requests. See How do I automatically provision users? to learn more about these options.
- The Integrations tab is where you can find the pre-defined Cloud Academy integrations with other business systems. Many companies set up single sign-on (SSO) so that team members can log in to Cloud Academy using their regular network credentials. See Setting Up Single Sign-on.
- If you want to set up single sign-on, automatically run reports, or set up other automations or integrations, you want the API tab. Here you'll need to generate API keys so you can generate an authentication token. There's also a link to the API documentation in Swagger. See the articles in the For Developers section of the help center to learn more about what's possible with this advanced feature.
- Subscription and Licenses tab. Different types of account find different information on these tabs. If you have set up a small business account, you won't find much useful on the Subscription tab, but the Licenses tab has more to offer, such as a link to your payment settings and your Client Success Manager.
This is the exciting part. You've set up your teams and assigned them training; now you get to watch their knowledge grow and your skill gaps shrink. If you have any questions or run into any problems, Cloud Academy is here to help. Just send an email to email@example.com so we can get you what you need.
Please sign in to leave a comment.