This article covers how to use Content Engine to create custom exams. Content Engine is available in enterprise accounts.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to Create a Custom Exam
- How to Set Permissions for a Custom Exam
- How to Publish a Custom Exam
- How to Find Where a Custom Exam Is Used
How to Create a Custom Exam
Use the following steps to create a custom exam:
- From the dashboard, click your company name in the upper right-hand and choose Content Engine from the menu that appears. The Content Engine screen appears.
- Click Exams on the top menu. The Exams screen appears.
- Click the Create button in the upper right corner.
- A form appears where you enter the information about your new exam. The Exam Settings tab appears first.
- Select whether you want to start the exam from scratch or clone an existing exam and edit it. Fill out the remaining fields in the form and click Next.
Tip: If you intend the exam to be an evaluation rather than passed or failed, you can set the minimum score required to pass the exam to zero.
Tip: You must complete fields in the Advanced Settings sections, so don't forget to click Advanced Settings at the bottom of the page to expand it. You can customize the scoring system by changing the values for the exam variables. If you are unclear about any of the available settings, click the icon to get more information or check the following article: How can I customize the scoring system for exams and evaluate different topic areas?
The Selected Questions tab becomes active.
- From the Selected Questions tab, drag and drop the question to the right box to add questions to the exam. You can also look up for questions using the search bar and use the filter icon on the search bar to find questions relevant to your exam.
Complete the fields on the tab and click the Skill Objectives tab. The Skill Objectives tab becomes active.
- Choose the skill objectives for this exam and click Save.
How to Set Permissions for a Custom Exam
You can control who has access to your custom exam by setting the permissions. To change the permissions, open the exam in Content Engine and choose Permissions from the Actions menu.
A window appears where you can choose to make your exam available to the entire company or to select teams that you specify.
How to Publish a Custom Exam
You must publish a custom exam before it is available to include in learning paths or Training Plans or for learners to complete. Any enterprise user can create a custom exam, but only administrators can publish them. If you are an administrator, you can publish an exam by opening the exam in Content Engine and clicking the Publish button.
How to Find Where a Custom Exam Is Used
When you have a custom exam open in Content Engine, you can use the List parents option on the Actions menu to see where the exam has been used.
A window appears showing the learning paths and Training Plans that include the exam. It also shows all instances of the exam being assigned to a team or member.