This article discusses Skill Profiles in Cloud Academy. This feature is available to personal and enterprise Cloud Academy users.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to Navigate to the Skill Profile
- What Is the Skill Profile
- Individual Skill Page
- Skill Profiles for Team Managers and Admins
How to Navigate to the Skill Profile
The Skill Profile is available from your user profile. From the user profile, click the Manage skills link that appears on the Skills growth panel at the top of the Career management tab.
You can also go directly to the Skill Profile from the dashboard or other parts of the platform. Hover over your profile picture/initials in the upper right corner and choose Skills Profile from the menu that appears.
What Is the Skill Profile
The Skill Profile summarizes your level of mastery of the skills for which you've completed assessments.
If you complete a quiz, exam, or lab challenge that assesses a particular skill, the Skill Profile shows a score for that skill based on your performance on the assessments. See How Cloud Academy Calculates Skill Scores for details on how the system calculates the scores.
The following sections discuss the panels you see on this screen.
This panel shows which score you scored highest on compared to all other users who have a score for this skill. See How Cloud Academy Chooses the Top Skill for details about this panel.
Completed exams, Completed hands-on labs, and Completed quizzes
This panel contains a graph of how your skill scores have changed over time.
Tip: The score you see is a level, not a total or percentage. Each assessment you complete can increase or decrease the score. See How Cloud Academy Calculates Skill Scores for more information.
You can choose up to four skills to show in the graph.
Note: You must have a score for the skill in order to choose it from this list.
The skill graph also has controls to set the date range and the zoom.
Note: This Skill growth graph is the same as the Skill growth graph on the User Profile. See User Profile for more details.
Last updated skills
This panel lists the most recent exams, lab challenges, and quizzes you completed and details how each affected each skill's score.
This panel lists all the skills in the platform and shows your score, if you have one. You can use the search or the filters to find a particular skill. You can click the arrow to the left of the skill name to see the related child skills.
Each skill has a star and a menu with three dots on the right side of the row.
Use the star to designate a skill as one you want to track. Use the Show related content and Prove skill options to find training content or assessment content, respectively, related to this skill. Use Hide from this list to remove skills you don't want to track and make the skills list on this panel more manageable.
You can click the name of each skill on this list to drill into more detail on that skill.
If you are a user of a personal (not enterprise) account, your Skill Profile is visible only to you. If you are a user in an enterprise account, your Skill Profile is also visible to your team manager and administrator.
Individual Skill Page
When you click a skill from the Skills panel on the Skill Profile, you drill down to a page dedicated to the individual skill.
This page contains the following elements:
- Star: Click the star to designate this skill as one you want to track.
- Show related content link: Click this link to go to the training library, filtered to show content related to this skill.
- Score: Contains a box plot that shows your score in this skill as it compares to the scores of other users who have a score for this skill. See How Cloud Academy Calculates Box Plots for more information.
- Skill growth graph: Similar to the Skill growth graph on the Skill profile except dedicated entirely to this skill.
- Subskills: Similar to the Skills list on the Skill profile except dedicated entirely to the related child skills of this skill.
- Improve your score: Contains a list of quizzes you can take to update your score in this skill. Click the View all quizzes link to go to the training library, filtered to show quizzes.
Skill Profiles for Team Managers and Admins
If you are a team manager or administrator for an enterprise account, you have access to an additional dashboard to visualize your company's competencies and their evolution over time. This dashboard:
- Provides a clear picture of the skills present in your company
- Confirms the effectiveness of your training program
- Lets you compare teams, which is useful to engage users
- Lets you compare multiple skills, such as proficiency with AWS, Azure, or GCP, in a single graph
- Surfaces talented people who are proficient in specific skills you need for a job role or a project
See the article about the Skill Profiles Dashboard for details.