This article contains steps to complete the common management activities for teams. You must have a team manager role or be an administrator to complete these steps.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to Create a Team
- How to Create a Subteam
- How to View Members Not Assigned to a Team
- How to Add Members to a Team
- How to Change a Member's Role on a Team
- How to Remove a Member from a Team
How to Create a Team
Use these steps to create a team in your organization.
- From the dashboard, click the building icon.
The management dashboard appears, open to the Organization screen by default.
- Click the Create Team button on the right side of the screen.
The Create a team wizard appears, open to step 1: Team Detail.
- Complete the fields and click Continue. Tip: You can click the pencil icon next to the Hierarchy field to choose a different parent team for the team you are creating.
Step 2: Onboarding Assessment appears.
- Select the check box next to one or more assessments for the team and click Assign. If you do not want to assign an assessment, click the I don't need an assessment link in the bottom left. Tip: Click Preview next to an assessment to open it in a new tab.
Step 3: Members appears.
- Add the team members. If the team members are already in your account, you can search for them here. If the team members need to be invited, you can invite them individually or in bulk. See Managing Members for information on the steps to invite new members.
The list appears as you add or invite each member.
- Choose a value in the Team Role column for each member and then click Add. See Licenses and Roles for more information about the team roles.
The system creates the team and displays the team screen.
How to Create a Subteam
Administrators can create subteams anywhere in the organization. Team managers can create subteams of the teams where they are the manager.
When you create a team, you choose the place in the Hierarchy where the team resides, so to create a subteam, just follow the steps to create a team and make sure to choose the correct parent team in the hierarchy field.
How to View Members Not Assigned to a Team
Occasionally, members can join your account without being assigned to a team. When this happens, you can find the list of unassigned members on the Organization screen. Use these steps to view a list of members not assigned to a team.
- From the management dashboard, click Organization in the left navigation menu.
The Organization screen appears. If members exist in your account that are not on a team, a banner appears below the search field.
- Click View members on the unassigned members banner.
A search results screen appears with all the members in your account who are not assigned to a team.
From this screen, you can perform operations to manage the members, such as add the member to a team or remove them from your account. Click the button with three dots next to the member and see Managing Members for more information.
How to Add Members to a Team
A member can be on multiple teams and can have different roles on each team.
To add an existing member to an existing team, find the team or the member on the Organization page and click the button with the three dots next to it. Choose Add Member (for a team) or Add to Another Team (for a member).
How to Change a Member's Role on a Team
You can change a member's role on the team by opening the team and finding the member. Click the Actions button next to the member's name and choose Change Team Role from the menu that appears.
How to Remove a Member from a Team
You can remove a member from a team on the team page. Open the team and click the button with the three dots next to the name of the person you want to remove from the team. Choose Remove from team from the menu that appears