This article covers the steps to create custom questions in Content Engine. Custom questions are available in enterprise accounts. Any user in an enterprise account can create custom questions and manage their own questions. However, only administrators can publish the custom questions to make them available to custom exams.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Is a Custom Question
- How to Create Custom Questions
- How to Find Where a Custom Question Is Used
What Is a Custom Question
A custom question is a question that you create to assess the users in your own organization on the material in your custom learning paths. You create custom questions so you can add them to custom exams.
Custom questions are multiple-choice with four possible answers. You also create the answer choices when you create the questions.
Tip: The system does not support true/false question because the likelihood of guessing correctly is too high. If you want a true/false question, consider using a "True, because" and "False, because" structure. That way the learner must demonstrate deeper understanding of the content.
When you create a custom question, you can specify its related skills. The application interprets the text of your question to suggest relevant skills. When your users complete the question, the Skill Profile updates the skill score based on whether they got the question right or wrong.
How to Create Custom Questions
Use the following steps to create a custom question:
- From the dashboard, click your company name in the upper right-hand and choose Content Engine from the menu that appears. The Content Engine screen appears.
- Select Questions from the top menu.
- Click the Create button in the upper right-hand corner.
A form appears where you can create your question:
- Complete the form. On this form you can:
- Enter the text of the Question. You cannot currently add images to questions. However, you can include a link to an image in the text of the question.
- Indicate the Difficulty of the question by choosing one of the radio buttons.
- Enter the text of the Answers. Enter one answer in each field and indicate which answer is correct by toggling the Correct? switch next to it.
- Enter an Explanation of the correct answer for the system to show the user after answering the question.
- Enter a Documentation URL. The user will be able to following the link to the URL for more information about the question.
- Choose the skill or skills that are related to the question in the Skill Objective field. The system may have suggested skills based on the text of the question. A user's performance on this question affects the user's skill score for the related skill.
Note: You can request that Cloud Academy add a custom skill for your organization by clicking the Request a custom skill objective link. A Cloud Academy representative will contact you about your request. A custom skill requires at least 24 hours to add.
- When you have completed the form, click Save.
If you are an administrator, you can now publish the question. After saving, the Save button changes to a Publish button. When you publish the question, it becomes available for exams.
How to Find Where a Custom Question Is Used
When you have a question open in Content Engine, you can use the List parents options on the Actions menu to see where the question has been used.
A window appears showing the content items that contain the question.