Yes, you might need to be sure all exam takers who pass have a baseline comprehension for each area of the exam.
So Content Engine allows you to set a minimum topic area to be evaluated in the exam with a minimum score required to pass it.
To set the minimum score for the topic areas in an exam:
1. Go to Advanced Settings section on the Exam settings tab in Content Engine.
2. Select Add a new topic area.
3. Type the topic area of your choice.
4. Select the percentage of questions you want on this topic in the exam.
5. Select the minimum score required on this topic to pass the exam.
NOTE: To create the exam you will be asked to select enough questions for each topic to reflect the percentages you have specified.
In the example above all the following conditions need to be true to pass the exam:
- at least 70% of the overall questions need to be correct.
- at least 35% AWS Billing and Pricing related questions need to be correct.
- at least 35% of AWS Technology related questions need to be correct.
- at least 35% Cloud Concepts related questions need to be correct.
- at least 35% AWS Security related questions need to be correct.
Additionally, You can change the scoring weight from Default to Medium or Hard.
In this way, skipped answer has a different weight than a wrong answer, so random guess will be penalized.