This article takes you through the steps in creating and assigning training plans in Cloud Academy. This article applies to creating training plans in enterprise accounts. Members in personal or enterprise accounts who want to assign themselves a training plan should see Assigning Yourself a Training Plan. You must be an admin user or team manager to perform the steps in this article.
This article contains the following sections:
How to Create and Assign a Training Plan
You can initiate the process of assigning a training plan from multiple locations in the application. Once you start the process, the steps are mostly the same, no matter where you initiated it from. See Assigning a Training Plan for Enterprise.
When you create a training plan, you choose the team, the training plan template, and the schedule. If the team or the training plan template you want doesn't already exist in your Cloud Academy account, you can create them during this procedure.
Use the following steps to create a training plan
- From the dashboard, click the building icon in the upper-left corner. Click Training in the management dashboard navigation to expand the menu, and then click Training Plans.
The Training Plans screen appears.
- Click the New Training Plan button in the upper right corner. The training plan wizard appears, open to step 1: Select Members.
- Select the team to which you want to assign the training plan or click the Members tab and select the member. Tip: You can use the search field to find a team or member. Click create a new team if the team you want doesn't already exist. See Creating a Team for step-by-step instructions on creating a team.
Step 2: Select Template appears.
- Find the row with the training plan content that you want to assign to the team and click the Select button on that row. Step 3: Select Due Date appears.
Tip: If the training plan template that you want doesn't already exist, you can create it now by clicking the Create Custom Training Plan button. See the How to Create a Training Plan Template procedure later in this document.
- Use the tools to select the due date. You have two options:
- You can drag the slider to the amount of time per week you want the team to work on the training plan. The due date changes based on how long it will take the team to complete the training at that level of weekly commitment.
- You can click the pencil icon next to the due date to choose a completion date. The slider changes to reflect how much weekly commitment the team will need to finish the training plan by that date.
- Enter a description in the Training Objective field.
This is the reason you are assigning this particular content to the team. For example, if the team needs to learn a technology to enable them to complete a planned migration project, you can mention the migration project in this field.
- Click Review & Confirm. A screen appears with a summary of the settings for the training plan. If you want to assign this training plan to the team manager as well as the team members, you can do that on this screen.
Tip: You can click Go back from this screen to make changes to your training plan.
- Click Confirm & Assign. The system assigns the training plan to the team.
How to Create a Training Plan Template
This procedure picks up from step 4 in the How to Create a Training Plan procedure earlier in this document. You can also create a custom Training Plan without Content Engine.
Use the following steps to create a training plan template:
- Click the Create Custom Training Plan button. The Content screen appears.
- Click Add a New Step. Alternately, you can choose to create a custom learning path or create a custom exam from this step.
A window appears where you can search for learning paths and exams already in your account.
- At the bottom of the screen are the Basic Info and Steps section.
Enter a Title and Description for the training plan template.
Tip: If you chose a training plan to clone, values may appear in these fields. You need to change the training plan title to a unique value before you can save it.
- Click the Add Steps button. A window appears where you can select learning paths or exams to add to your training plan. Select the content you want and click Complete Selection.
- Click Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.