This article covers how to rearrange multiple Training Plans that you assigned to the same team. Training Plans are available in enterprise accounts. You must be an admin or a team manager in your Cloud Academy account to use the procedures in this article.
This article contains the following sections:
- Assigning Multiple Training Plans to a Team
- Special Note: Multiple Training Plans Assigned to an Individual
- How to Rearrange Training Plans
Assigning Multiple Training Plans to a Team
When a team is already assigned a Training Plan, you can queue additional Training Plans for the team to start after the previous one is finished. The following image shows a team with three assigned Training Plans.
When you assign an additional Training Plan to a team, the scheduling tool populates the start date of the new Training Plan as the day the previous Training Plan is due to finish. For example, if the team's first Training Plan is scheduled to finish on June 3, then the scheduler shows June 3 as the start date for the second Training Plan. It calculates the schedule from that date. The scheduler does not expect the team to work on multiple Training Plans simultaneously.
If you need to schedule a new Training Plan for the team to begin before the already-assigned Training Plan, you can rearrange the queued Training Plans using the procedure later in this document. If the team has already started the already-assigned Training Plan, then you cannot rearrange another Training Plan in front of it.
Tip: If you need to rearrange a new Training Plan to occur before one that is in progress, you can archive the in-progress Training Plan. The system saves the team members's progress, so they can pick up where they left off if you assign the Training Plan again later.
Special Note: Multiple Training Plans Assigned to an Individual
Unlike a team, an individual team member can have multiple Training Plans assigned concurrently in the following situations:
- A member is on multiple Cloud Academy teams. If each team has an assigned Training Plan, the member's training time commitment is the sum of the time commitment for each team.
- A member can be assigned a single Training Plan individually. If the team member is also on one or more teams, the individual Training Plan adds to the total time commitment.
The Training Plan tab of each team member's dashboard is the best place to keep track of the time commitment for individuals. In the example below, you can see the Training Plan that the member is currently working on as part of a team and the Training Plan that the member was assigned individually.
You cannot rearrange the Training Plans for a team member. Instead, you must make any scheduling changes for the teams. The changes will automatically propagate to the individual team members.
How to Rearrange Training Plans
Use the following steps to rearrange the Training Plans assigned to a team. Remember: Once the team has started making progress on a Training Plan, you cannot rearrange another Training Plan in front of it. You can archive the in-progress Training Plan if you must arrange the new Training Plan to occur first.
- From the Dashboard, hover your mouse over your company name in the upper right-hand corner. A menu appears.
Tip: Alternately, you can click the Manage your company link to go to your company dashboard.
- Choose Teams from the menu. The Teams screen appears.
- Click the name of a team that is assigned multiple Training Plans. The team's Detail screen appears.
- Click Rearrange Training Plans. The Change the order of your team's Training Plans window appears.
- Click the up and down arrows next to each Training Plan to change their order. Click Done when you are finished. The Training Plans appear in the new order.