This article describes how to extend a Training Plan due date for a single member of a team. This article applies to enterprise accounts. You must be a team manager or administrator to perform this procedure. Individual members in enterprise or personal accounts who want to assign themselves a Training Plan should see Assigning Yourself a Training Plan.
How to Extend the Training Plan Due Date for a Single Member
Usually you assign a Training Plan to an entire team to complete together. However, sometimes an individual member of that team may have a special need for extra time. Extending the Training Plan's due date for a single member is a two-part process. The team manager or an admin must first unassign the team's Training Plan from the member and then assign the same Training Plan to the member with the extended due date.
Use the following steps:
- On the Training Plan Dashboard, open the Training Plan for which the member needs a due date extension.
The Training Plan Details screen appears.
- Highlight and copy the Training Plan name to your clipboard so you have it easily available later.
- Scroll down to the tabs section of the screen and click the Members tab if it isn't open already.
The Members tab appears.
- Find the member you want and click the button with the three vertical dots. Select Unassign to unassign the Training Plan from the member.
A confirmation window appears where you confirm that you want to unassign the Training Plan from the individual member.
- Go back to the Training Plan dashboard and click the New Training Plan button.
Step 1 of the Training Plan wizard appears.
- Click the Members tab and enter the member’s name in the Search field. Click Select Member next to the member’s name in the search results.
The Training Plan wizard moves to step 2.
- Paste the Training Plan name from your clipboard into the Search field. Select the Training Plan from the search results.
The Training Plan wizard moves to step 3.
- Click the pencil icon next to the date and select the new due date. Click the Review & Confirm button when you are finished.
The Training Plan wizard moves to step 4, a summary of the settings for the Training Plan.
- Review the Training Plan configuration and click the Confirm & Assign button when you are ready.
You’re all set! You should now be able to see the Training Plan on the Training Plan Dashboard.