This article covers the steps involved in creating a custom Training Plan from the Training Plan screen, as part of assigning the Training Plan. This feature is available in enterprise accounts. Members in personal or enterprise accounts who want to assign themselves a Training Plan should see Assigning Yourself a Training Plan. You must be an administrator to use the procedures in this article.
This article contains the following sections:
- Custom Training Plans without Content Engine
- How to Create a Custom Training Plan without Content Engine
Custom Training Plans without Content Engine
Usually creating custom content in Cloud Academy requires using Content Engine. You can still use Content Engine to create custom Training Plans, but you can also create them right from the Training Plan screen.
You can add Cloud Academy's learning paths and exams to your custom Training Plan, and you can also add your own custom learning paths and exams. You must create the custom learning paths and custom exams in Content Engine, so the following procedure is simpler if you have created those custom materials before you begin. However, you can also create your custom materials as part of the following procedure.
How to Create a Custom Training Plan without Content Engine
Use the following steps to create a custom Training Plan as part of the process of assigning a Training Plan:
- From the dashboard, hover your mouse over your company name in the upper right-hand corner. Select Training Plans from the menu that appears.
The Training Plans screen appears.
- Click the New Training Plan button.
The Training Plan wizard appears on step 1: Select Members.
- Select the team or member to which you want to assign the Training Plan. Tip: Click the Members tab if you want to assign the Training Plan to a single member. See Assigning a Training Plan to an Individual Team Member. Step 2: Select Template appears.
- Click the Create Custom Training Plan button. An editor screen appears where you can add learning paths and exams to the custom Training Plan.
- Click Add a New Step. Tip: If the learning paths and exams that you want to add to the custom Training Plan don't exist already, you can click the Create Custom LP or Create custom Exam links. These links take you to Content Engine to create your content.
A window appears where you can choose exams and learning paths to add to your custom Training Plan.
- Select the check boxes next to the exams and learning paths you want to include in this step of your custom Training Plan, then click Confirm Selection. The window disappears and you return to step 2: Select Template.
You repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have added all the steps you need in your custom Training Plan. When you're ready, you click Save & Continue and finish creating the Training Plan as described in Creating a Training Plan.