This article describes assigning training to yourself. You can self-assign training in enterprise and personal accounts.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Is a Assigning Training to Yourself
- How to Set a Due Date on a Learning Path
- How to Assign Yourself a Job Role Path
- How to Find the Training You Assigned to Yourself
- How to Start, Modify, or Delete the Training You Assigned to Yourself
What Is a Assigning Training to Yourself
You can always peruse the training library and complete bits of training as you find them. However, if you want to set up a longer-term plan with a structure and strategy for what to study, you might want to assign training to yourself.
In enterprise accounts, team managers and administrators assign training to a team and give the team a due date to complete the content. The same feature is available for individual accountholders or enterprise team members to assign training to themselves.
There are three ways to assign a training to yourself:
- Start any learning path from the training library and choose the Enroll button
- Use the Job Role Path section in the training library to find training based on the job role you want
The following sections describe these options and give step-by-step instructions for using them.
How to Set a Due Date on a Learning Path
You can assign training to yourself by enrolling in a learning path. By enrolling, you set a schedule to help you complete the content and receive nudges to remind you to stay on pace.
Use the following steps to set a due date on a learning path:
- Open a learning path you want to assign to yourself.
- Click the Enroll button.
The You can achieve your goals by committing to the learning path. window appears
- Drag the weekly commitment slider to the amount of time you have to train each week. You can see the due date change accordingly. Alternately, enter a due date in the field and the weekly commitment slider updates. Click Enroll and start learning. An alert appears to confirm the due date was set and the learning path starts.
How to Assign Yourself a Job Role Path
The training library contains several job role paths for you to choose from. They are organized by the job role they're most related to. You can find them in the Job Role Path section in the library's left navigation.
Use the following steps to assign yourself a job role path:
- From the dashboard, click Training Library in the top navigation, or click this link to the training library.
The training library appears.
- Under Job Role Path in the left navigation, choose the job role you're interested in.
A list of job role paths appears.
- Click the job role path you're interested in.
A page with information about the job role path appears.
Tip: Use the information on this page, including the video, to decide whether this is the right training for your goals.
- Click Start Training Plan.
A window appears where you choose the weekly commitment and due date.
- Click Review & Confirm.
The platform assigns the job role path to you. You can easily get back to this job role path from your dashboard.
How to Find the Training You Assigned to Yourself
Once you assign yourself a training, you can see it on the My Assignments tab on your dashboard, as you see in the following graphic:
How to Start, Modify, or Delete the Training You Assigned to Yourself
From the My Assignments tab, you can see all the items in the learning path. From here, you see options to Learn or or add Training Reminders.
There is also a button with three vertical dots that opens a menu with more options, as you see here:
The menu options let you change the due date, disable reminder "nudges," edit the title, or unenroll from the assignment.