This article describes how you can assign a Training Plan to yourself. Personal Training Plans are available in enterprise and personal accounts. You must be a member or administrator to perform this procedure.
This article contains the following sections:
- Personal Training Plans
- How to Create and Assign Yourself a Training Plan
- How to Find Your Personal Training Plan
- How to Start, Modify, or Delete your Personal Training Plan
Personal Training Plans
In enterprise accounts, team leaders and administrators use Training Plans to assign one or more learning paths to a team and give the team a due date to complete the content. The same feature is available for users with personal accounts or even members of an enterprise account to assign training to themselves.
The training library contains several Training Plans for you to choose from or you can create your own. When you create your own Training Plan, you choose learning paths and exams from the training library and put them in the order you want to complete them. Then you choose a due date for yourself. The system helps you keep track of whether you're on pace to complete your Training Plan on time and can send helpful reminders.
You can assign yourself only one Training Plan at a time. Once you have assigned yourself a Training Plan, you must complete it or delete it before you can assign yourself another one.
How to Create and Assign Yourself a Training Plan
Use the following steps to create a Training Plan:
- From the dashboard, click the Create Personal Training Plan button in the upper-right corner.
The Training Plan wizard appears on step 1: Select Template.
- Click the Select button next to a Training Plan from the list. If you don't see a Training Plan that contains the learning paths that you want, you can click Create Custom Training Plan to customize a list of learning paths to complete with this Training Plan.
If you click the Create Custom Training Plan button, a screen appears where you define the steps in the Training Plan.
From here you click Add a New Step to choose what you want to include in the Training Plan. When you have chosen the content you want, click Save & Continue. Step 2: Select Due Date appears.
- Use the tools to select the due date. You have two options:
- You can drag the slider to the amount of time per week you want to work on the Training Plan. The due date changes based on how long it will take to complete the training at that level of weekly commitment.
- You can click the pencil icon next to the due date to choose a completion date. The slider changes to reflect how much weekly commitment you need to finish the Training Plan by that date.
- Enter a description in the Training Objective field.
This is an optional field you can populate as a reminder of your objective in completing this Training Plan.
- Click Review & Confirm. Step 3: Review appears.
- A screen appears with a summary of the settings for the Training Plan. Click Go back if you want to make changes. When you are ready, click Confirm & Assign.
Note: After you click Confirm & Assign, you cannot edit the content in the Training Plan. If you need to make changes, you must delete the assignment and assign a new one.
How to Find Your Personal Training Plan
Once you assign yourself a Training Plan, you can see it on the Training Plan tab on your dashboard, as you see in the following graphic:
Tip: Notice that the Create Personal Training Plan button that you clicked to create this Training Plan is no longer available. You can assign yourself only one Training Plan at a time, so you must complete or delete this Training Plan before that button becomes active again.
How to Start, Modify, or Delete your Personal Training Plan
Once you use the steps in the previous procedure to find your Training Plan, you can take more actions. From this page you can Start or Resume the Training Plan or Add a weekly reminder to your calendar. There is also a button with three horizontal dots that opens a menu with more options, as you see here:
The menu options let you change the Training Plan due date, disable email reminder "nudges," edit the title of the Training Plan, or delete the Training Plan.