This article describes assigning training to yourself. You can self-assign training in enterprise and personal accounts.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Is a Assigning Training to Yourself
- How to Set a Due Date on a Learning Path
- How to Assign Yourself a Job Role Path
- How to Assign Yourself a Custom Training Plan
- How to Find the Training You Assigned to Yourself
- How to Start, Modify, or Delete the Training You Assigned to Yourself
What Is a Assigning Training to Yourself
You can always peruse the training library and complete bits of training as you find them. However, if you want to set up a longer-term plan with a structure and strategy for what to study, you might want to assign training to yourself.
In enterprise accounts, team managers and administrators assign training to a team and give the team a due date to complete the content. The same feature is available for users with personal accounts or team members of enterprise accounts to assign training to themselves.
There are three ways to assign a training to yourself:
- Start any learning path from the training library and choose the Enroll Now button
- Use the Job Role Path section in the training library to find training based on the job role you want
- Create a custom training plan
The following sections describe these options and give step-by-step instructions for using them.
How to Set a Due Date on a Learning Path
You can assign training to yourself by enrolling in a learning path. By enrolling, you set a schedule to help you complete the content and receive nudges to remind you to stay on pace.
Use the following steps to set a due date on a learning path:
- Open a learning path you want to assign to yourself.
- Click the Enroll Now button.
The You can achieve your goals by committing to the learning path. window appears
- Drag the weekly commitment slider to the amount of time you have to train each week. You can see the due date change accordingly. Alternately, enter a due date in the field and the weekly commitment slider updates. Click Set due date. An alert appears to confirm the due date was set.
How to Assign Yourself a Job Role Path
The training library contains several job role paths for you to choose from. They are organized by the job role they're most related to. You can find them in the Job Role Path section in the library's left navigation.
Use the following steps to assign yourself a job role path:
- From the dashboard, click Training Library in the top navigation, or click this link to the training library.
The training library appears.
- Under Job Role Path in the left navigation, choose the job role you're interested in.
A list of job role paths appears.
- Click the job role path you're interested in.
A page with information about the job role path appears.
Tip: Use the information on this page, including the video, to decide whether this is the right training for your goals.
- Click Start Training Plan.
A window appears where you choose the weekly commitment and due date.
- Click Review & Confirm.
The platform assigns the job role path to you. You can easily get back to this job role path from your dashboard.
How to Assign Yourself a Custom Training Plan
If you don't see a job role path that meets your needs, if you want to assign yourself more than one learning path to do in sequence, you can create a custom training plan. When you create a custom training plan, you choose learning paths and exams from the training library and put them in the order you want to complete them. Then you choose a due date for yourself. The system helps you keep track of whether you're on pace to complete your training plan on time and can send helpful reminders.
Use the following steps to create a training plan:
- From the dashboard, click the My Training tab from the left navigation.
The My Training screen appears.
- Click the Create custom path button in the upper-right corner.
The training plan wizard appears on step 1: Select Template.
- Click the Create Custom Training Plan button to customize a list of learning paths and exams you want to complete.
A screen appears where you define the steps.
From here you click Add a New Step to choose what you want to include. When you have chosen the content you want, click Save & Continue. Step 2: Select Due Date appears.
- Use the tools to select the due date. You have two options:
- You can drag the slider to the amount of time per week you want to work on the training. The due date changes based on how long it will take to complete the training at that level of weekly commitment.
- You can click the pencil icon next to the due date to choose a completion date. The slider changes to reflect how much weekly commitment you need to finish the training by that date.
- Enter a description in the Training Objective field.
This is an optional field you can populate as a reminder of your objective in completing this training plan.
- Click Review & Confirm. Step 3: Review appears.
- A screen appears with a summary of the settings. Click Go back if you want to make changes. When you are ready, click Confirm & Assign.
Note: After you click Confirm & Assign, you cannot edit the content in the assignment. If you need to make changes, you must delete the assignment and assign a new one.
How to Find the Training You Assigned to Yourself
Once you assign yourself a training, you can see it on the My Training tab on your dashboard, as you see in the following graphic:
How to Start, Modify, or Delete the Training You Assigned to Yourself
From the My Training tab, you can Start or Resume the training or Add a weekly reminder to your calendar. There is also a button with three vertical dots that opens a menu with more options, as you see here:
The menu options let you change the due date, disable email reminder "nudges," edit the title, or delete the assignment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.