This article describes assessments in Cloud Academy and how to assign them to your teams and team members. Assessments are available in enterprise accounts. You must be an administrator or a team manager to assign assessments.
This article contains the following sections:
What Is an Assessment
An assessment is a test to understand the team's baseline knowledge on a topic. When you assign an assessment, you select one or more exams and/or lab challenges for the team or member to complete. You normally assign assessments when you start a new team, but you can also use assessments on an ongoing basis. The assignment of an assessment to a team is called "an assessment cycle."
If you assign an assessment to a team that has subteams in your organization, the system automatically assigns it to all the subteams, unless those subteams already have a different assessment assigned. A team can have only one assigned assessment at a time, but an assessment cycle can include more than one exam or lab challenge.
You can find the list of previously assigned assessments as well as assign new ones from the Assessments screen. Hover your mouse over your company name in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Assessments from the menu that appears.
Click the New Assessment Cycle button to assign a new assessment or click the title of an already-assigned assessment to open the detail screen. The following image shows an example of an assessment detail screen.
This screen shows you the team's performance on the assessment. From this screen, you can click:
- The printer icon to print this report.
- The link icon to copy a link to the report to your clipboard
- Mark as complete to close the assessment and remove it from member's dashboards
- The trash can icon to delete the assessment assignment
- The pencil icon next to the assessment name to change it
- The Assessed Skills tab for a summary of the team's skills. Tip: You can click skill names and the Explore Skill Profiles button to drill into more specific information.
- The Assignees tab to see specific information about each team member who completed the assessment.
- The Not Assigned tab to see information about the team members not assigned the assessment.
How to Assign an Assessment
Use the following steps to assign an assessment:
- From the dashboard, hover your mouse over your company name in the upper-right corner and choose Assessments from the menu that appears.
The Assessments screen appears.
- Click the New Assessment Cycle button in the upper-right corner.
The Assessments / New screen appears, open to step 1. Plan.
- Select the checkbox next to one or more exam or lab challenges that you want to assign and click Assign to teams.
Tip: Click Preview to open more information about the assessment in a new tab.
The step 2. Teams tab appears.
- Select the team to which you want to assign the assessment. You can click the arrow next to a parent team to expand the list of child teams.
The Team Configurations window appears.
- If you want the team manager, in addition to the team members, to complete the assessment, select the Assign to team managers checkbox. Click Confirm and Review.
The Review window appears.
- Enter a value in the Assessment Name field that will make recognizing it later easy. Also review the rest of the configuration and click Confirm and Review.
The system assigns the assessment to the teams you chose and sends an email to each team member to let them know to complete the assessment.