This article covers who can assign Training Plans to members and who can access the progress on those Training Plans.
This article contains the following sections:
- Who Can Assign Training Plans to Members
- Who Can Access Progress on a Training Plan
- How to Access a Member's Training Plan Progress
Note: This article uses the term "Line Manager" to refer to the person a member directly reports to in your company.
Who Can Assign Training Plans to Members
A member can be assigned a Training Plan by the following people:
- Members can assign Training Plans to themselves.
- Administrators can assign Training Plans to anyone.
- Someone who has the Team Manager role in any of the member's teams can assign a Training Plan.
The Team Manager is not necessarily the member's Line Manager in your company. The following sections describe two situations where a member's Team Manager is not the line manager.
Team and Subteam Managers
When a team contains a subteam, the Team Managers of the team or the subteam can assign Training Plans to members of the subteam. In this situation, the Team Manager of the team is not the member's Line Manager, but can assign Training Plans.
Line Manager and Training Managers
In your company, each member of a functional team probably directly reports to only one Line Manager. However, another person in your company, such as a Training Manager, might pull together cross-functional team members for training. In this case, the Training Manager is not the member's Line Manager but can assign Training Plans.
Who Can Access Progress on a Training Plan
Who has access to a member's Training Plan progress depends on the role and the original Training Plan assigner:
- The person who assigned the Training Plan can see how the members are progressing, even if they are not the Line Manager.
- Line Managers can see how their own members are progressing through all Training Plans, no matter who assigned them. However, Line Managers cannot see the progress of members from other teams.
- Administrators can see progress on all Training Plans.
- Members can see their own progress through all assigned Training Plans.
For example, below we see that Alisha and Berta are Line Managers of their teams. Lee, the Training Manager, has pulled one member from each team into a temporary training team.
As the training progresses, Alisha wants visibility into how Arthur is doing, but she shouldn't have access to see how Boris is doing because Boris isn't on her team. Similarly, Berta wants visibility into how Boris is progressing, but Berta shouldn't see information about Arthur. Lee, the Training Manager, needs to be able to see how both Arthur and Boris are progressing.
How to Access a Member's Training Plan Progress
If you are allowed to access a member's progress though a Training Plan, you can use the following steps to find it:
- From the dashboard, hover over your company name in the upper right corner and choose Training Plans from the menu that appears.
The Training Plans screen appears.
- Click the Member History button in the upper right corner.
The Member History screen appears with a list of the members in your organization.
- Click the arrow to the right of the member whose history you want to see. Tip: Use the search bar to find a member by name.
A panel expands showing the member's Active, Scheduled, and Completed Training Plans.