This article describes join requests — requests from your company's employees to join your account. You must be an admin to perform the procedures in this article.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Is a Join Request
- How Does a Person Request to Join
- Approving Join Requests
What Is a Join Request
A join request is a request from an employee of your company to be allowed to be provisioned as a member in your Cloud Academy account. The system creates a queue of join requests, and you can periodically go through the process to approve or decline the requests.
How Does a Person Request to Join
A person can request to join an account in multiple ways:
- By following the invitation link to a team
- If you have single sign-on (SSO) enabled, by going to your account's SSO page and logging in with their network credentials
From a Team Invitation Email
Admins and team managers can use an invitation link to invite members to the team. The invitation link is available from the menu that appears when you click the button with the three dots on the Team screen, as you see in the following graphic:
When you click this option, a pop-up window appears with a custom invitation link you can copy. Then, you can share the link the same way you share any link. When a person who isn't already a user in the account follows the link and logs in, the system adds a request to the join request queue.
From Your Custom SSO Page
When you set up your account to use single sign-on, you create a custom sign-in page for users at your company. When people from you company who don't already have an account sign in via your custom sign-in page, their request is added to the queue of join requests for you to approve or deny.
You might share your custom SSO page on your intranet or via email and encourage people who want access to the training to sign up.
Approving Join Requests
You can configure your account to approve join requests automatically or you can review and approve each request individually. An approved user is assigned a content access license by default, which is one reason most accounts choose to approve join requests manually. However, you can change a user's content access later if you need to.
How to Approve Join Requests Manually
You access your account's list of join requests via the advanced search on the Organization screen. Use the following steps to find and approve join requests.
- From the Organization screen, click Advanced Search.
A full list of your teams, members, and join requests appears.
- Click the Join requests filter under Results on the left.
The system limits the list to only the join requests.
- Use the Approve button next to each join request to approve it.
Note: If you do not have any free content access licenses left, you can still approve the join request, but the member will not have content access.
How to Configure Your Account to Approve Join Requests Automatically
You can use the Settings & Integrations screen to configure your account to automatically approve join requests and limit the email domains that the system approves. Use the following steps:
- Hover you mouse over your company name in the upper right corner and choose Settings & Integrations from the menu that appears.
The Settings & Integrations screen appears.
- Optionally, enter the email domains that the system should automatically approve in the Domain whitelist field. The join request must come from an email with one of these domains in order to be approved.
- Toggle the Auto approve join requests switch to Automatically approve join requests for users joining your company via an invite link.