This article takes you on a tour of the dashboard you see when you first log in to Cloud Academy. This article is for individual account users and enterprise account members who have content access.
The dashboard is the first screen you see when you log in to your account. This is the starting point for training in Cloud Academy.
The toolbar at the top of the dashboard contains links to navigate to other parts of the platform. This toolbar follows you through most of the other screens you use. The options include:
- Cloud Academy logo: Go to CloudAcademy.com.
- Building icon (enterprise members only): Opens a menu with your organization functions. Most enterprise members have only a link to Content Engine in this menu.
- Home icon: Click this from anywhere in the product to return to this screen.
- Browse Library: Hover over this button to see a list of topics in the training library you can jump to. Click this button to browse all the training content available in the library.
- Search in our library...: Start typing in this field to search the training library. Type a search term and press Enter to go to the full search results for that term.
- ? Help: Hover over this button to see a list of options for getting help
- Search help center
- Getting started
- Contact Support
- Bell icon: Click this icon to open a Notifications panel. Here you can see notifications about successfully completing a learning path or downloading the mobile app, or an alert when someone accepts a referral you sent.
- Your profile photo or initials: Hover over this button to see the user menu with these options:
- <Your name>: Click your name at the top of this menu to open your user profile.
- Skills Profile: See your skill profile.
- Account settings: Go to the Account Settings screen.
- What's new?: Click to go to the release notes.
- Get iOS & Android app: Get the magic link to download the Cloud Academy app for your mobile device.
- Logout: Log out of your account on this account.
Left Navigation Menu
The navigation menu on the left lets you access the different parts of the dashboard
Dashboard is the default view. A graphic of the dashboard appears at the beginning of this article.
Here you see the training that you are working on, plus recommendations for related training that might interest you. You can bookmark the recommended content to find it on My Bookmarks later. From here you can also upload certifications and set your weekly goal.
Tip: Look for arrows on the sides of the cards in the My Training section to scroll through your assigned trainings. Look for blue dots in the lower left corner of recommendation cards to navigate through your recommendations.
From My Training you see all the training you are assigned or working on. You can add training reminders to your calendar from this screen. You choose the day of the week and the time, and you can download an .ICS or add the appointment to Google Calendar, depending on which calendar you use.
You can also create a custom path to choose individual pieces of training you want to complete in order.
From My Activity you see the training content you completed recently. Filters appear on the left so you can easily find a recently completed training you're looking for.
My Bookmarks is where you can find the content you previously bookmarked as well as explanations you previously saved.
As you are completing training content, you can bookmark information you'd like to quickly review later. Also, when you're completing a quiz in study mode, you can see explanations of the questions, which you can save. Both kinds of saved content appear on this tab.
My Bookmarks is a great study tool you can use to review important details as you're studying for certification exams.
Smart Assessments is where you can evaluate your job role skills. Each Smart Assessment evaluates only one skill and takes 10-20 minutes to complete. See Smart Assessments for more details.