This article takes you on a tour of the dashboard you see when you first log in to Cloud Academy. This article is for individual account users and enterprise account members who have content access.
The dashboard is the first screen you see when you log in to your account. This is the starting point for training in Cloud Academy.
The toolbar at the top of the dashboard contains links to navigate to other parts of the platform. This toolbar follows you through most of the other screens you use. The options include:
- Cloud Academy icon: Go to CloudAcademy.com.
- Building icon (enterprise members only): Opens a menu with your organization functions. Most enterprise members have only a link to Content Engine in this menu.
- House icon: Click this from anywhere in the product to return to this screen.
- Browse Library: Hover over this button to see a list of topics in the training library you can jump to. Click this button to browse all the training content available in the library.
- Search in our library...: Start typing in this field to search the training library. Type a search term and press Enter to go to the search results.
- ? Help: Hover over this button to see a list of options for getting help
- Search help center
- Getting started
- Contact support
- Bell icon: Click this icon to open a Notifications panel. Here you can see notifications about successfully completing a learning path or downloading the mobile app, or an alert when someone accepts a referral you sent.
- Your profile photo or initials: Hover over this button to see the user menu with these options:
- <Your name>: Click your name at the top of this menu to open your user profile.
- Skills Profile: See your skill profile.
- Account settings: Go to the Account Settings screen.
- What's new?: Click to go to the release notes.
- Join the Community: Click to join our Discord user community.
- Get iOS & Android app: Get the magic link to download the Cloud Academy app for your mobile device.
- (Individual accountholder only) Cloud Academy for Enterprise: If you created your individual account as a way to evaluate the platform for you company, click here to access a demo of the enterprise features.
- Logout: Log out of your account on this account.
Left Navigation Menu
The navigation menu on the left lets you access the different parts of the dashboard
Dashboard is the default view. A graphic of the dashboard appears at the beginning of this article.
Here you see the training that you are working on, plus recommendations for related training that might interest you. You can bookmark the recommended content to find it on My Bookmarks later. From here you can also set your weekly goal.
From My Assignments you see all the Active training you are assigned or working on and the Past training you have completed.
You can add training reminders for each training to your calendar from this screen. For the reminders, you choose the day of the week and the time, and you can download an .ICS or add the appointment to Google Calendar, depending on which calendar you use.
From My Activity you see your training content that is currently In progress as well as training content you already Completed.
The Completed tab contains a count each content type you have completed. You can find a filter here that makes it easier for you to find courses, quizzes, and exam you want to revisit.
My Bookmarks is where you can find the content you previously bookmarked as well as explanations you previously saved.
Bookmarks are a great tool for building a study list. You can bookmarks every learning path you'd like to complete about a topic and quickly find them when you're ready to start new content. You can add bookmarks any time you happen upon content you're interested in.
Saved explanation are great when you're studying for certification exams. When you review the answers to a quiz or exam, you can see an explanation of the question. By saving the explanation, you can easily go back explanations of questions you found difficult.