This article takes you on a tour of the dashboard you see when you first log in to Cloud Academy. This article is for individual account users and enterprise account members who have content access.
The dashboard is the first screen you see when you log in to your account. This is the starting point for training in Cloud Academy.
The toolbar at the top of the dashboard contains links to navigate to other parts of the platform. This toolbar follows you through most of the other screens you use. The options include:
- Cloud Academy logo: Go to CloudAcademy.com.
- Dashboard: Click this from anywhere in the product to return to this screen.
- Training Library: Browse the training content available in the library.
- My Profile: See your skill profile.
- Resources: Click here for a list of resources outside the product, like webinars, events, and case studies.
- Support: Contact customer support.
- Search: Type a keyword and press enter to search the training library.
- Cloud Academy for Enterprise: If you are an enterprise user evaluating Cloud Academy for your company, you can click here to learn more about the enterprise features.
- Your profile photo or initials: Open the user menu.
Below the top toolbar but above the tabs, you see these options:
- Add training reminder: Create a recurring weekly appointment on your calendar to set aside time for training. You choose the day of the week and the time, and you can download an .ICS or add the appointment to Google Calendar, depending on which calendar you use.
- Completed content and Skill Score: These tools give you at-a-glance information about how much training you've completed so far and the skill score you've achieved.
- Create personal Training Plan: Click here to create and assign yourself a custom Training Plan.
- Download mobile app: Send a magic link to download the mobile app to your phone by email or text message.
At the bottom of the dashboard are four tabs with useful tools and information.
The Activity tab contains information about what you've been doing already. If you've started training, it appears here in progress so that you can easily start up again where you left off.
In addition to content that you've already started, this tab contains suggested training to make it easy for you to get started right away.
Completed Content Tab
Just like it sounds, the Completed Content tab shows the training content you already completed. You can use the list of training material types on the left to filter the list you see on the tab.
Click an item from the list to return to that item. This is especially useful for quizzes, which you can retake as many times as you like.
Training Plan Tab
If you have an assigned Training Plan, the Training Plan tab appears here. If you are an individual user or and enterprise team members, you can assign yourself a Training Plan. Enterprise team members may also have Training Plans assigned by a team manager or administrator.
As you are completing training content, you can bookmark information you'd like to quickly review later. Also, when you're completing a quiz in study mode, you can see explanations of the questions, which you can save. Both kinds of saved content appear on this tab.
The bookmarks tab is a great study tool you can use to review important details as you're studying for certification exams.
The certifications tab is a central place where you can:
- Upload certifications you earn from organizations like AWS, Microsoft, and Google
- See the Certificates of Excellence you have earned for successfully completing learning paths
On this screen you can upload your certifications. You can also view each item and share each item to LinkedIn.