This article discusses the buckets tool that you can use to organize the custom content you create in Content Engine. Content Engine is available in enterprise accounts.
This article contains the following sections:
- Smart Buckets and Personal Buckets
- How to Create or Add Content to a Personal Bucket
- How to Share a Personal Bucket
Smart Buckets and Personal Buckets
Buckets are a tool to help you organize and manage the custom content you create in Content Engine. You navigate buckets the same way you might navigate the folders that you use to organize your files on your computer. However, since a piece of content can appear in more than one bucket, buckets are actually more like tags that you might have used in other applications.
When you add a piece of content to a bucket, you tag the content with that bucket name. Then, when you open the bucket, the system filters the results to include only that content that is tagged with the bucket name.
Content Engine has two kinds of buckets:
- Smart buckets appear by default and they contain content based on its status. For example, you might see buckets that contain Draft or Published content. While content is processing, it might temporarily appear in a Processing bucket.
- Personal buckets are buckets that you create. You can choose how to organize your custom content with personal buckets. For example, you might choose to create buckets based on topic, audience, or the current month.
A bucket is specific to a content type. For example, you can create a personal bucket for questions or for exams, but you cannot mix both questions and exams in the same personal bucket.
How to Create or Add Content to a Personal Bucket
The process for creating a personal bucket is the same as for adding content to an existing personal bucket. After you have created your content, you can find the Add to bucket option on the Actions menu.
Note: You might see this option on the Actions menu that appears next to the Edit button, or you might need to edit the piece of content and use the Action menu that appears in the editor view.
The Add to Bucket window appears. Here you can select an existing personal bucket or enter the name for a new one.
Once you've entered a name for a new personal bucket and clicked Add, the bucket appears along with the smart buckets. Notice the Personal bucket labels to help identify your custom buckets.
How to Share a Personal Bucket
By default, the personal buckets you create are visible only to you. However, you can share your personal buckets to make their content available to every administrator in your account.
From your personal bucket, you can see a button with three vertical dots. Click this button to see a menu where you can share your personal bucket. This is also where you can rename or delete your bucket.