This article covers the Certification dashboard. This feature is available only in enterprise accounts. You must be an administrator or team manager to use the Certification dashboard.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Is the Certification Dashboard
- How to Navigate to the Certification Dashboard
What Is the Certification Dashboard
The Certification dashboard is a tool in Cloud Academy where administrators and team managers can:
- Get a clearer picture of how many certifications members in the organization hold, how many are expired, and how many are expiring in the next 90 days
- Find which certifications, offered by which providers, have been achieved by members in the organization
- See how many and which certifications each member holds
- Export all data as a CSV or XLSX or download PNG files of the individual graphs
Members upload their certifications using the Certifications tab on their own application dashboard. The aggregated data for your team or for the whole organization appears in the Certification dashboard, available to enterprise administrators and team managers.
The graphic below shows an example of the Certification dashboard:
Important: Certifications that your members upload to their Certification tabs might not appear on this dashboard for up to an hour.
The very first thing that you can do on this screen is to filter by certification provider. When you click this option, a menu appears where you can choose which certification provider's information you want to Include or Exclude, depending on which tab you choose.
The lists include the providers related to the certifications that have been uploaded into your account. You can use the search to find a particular certification provider. Select the check box next to each provider for which you want to see data. The rest of the dashboard updates to reflect data only from the providers you selected.
Snapshot Summary Numbers
Below the filter appear a snapshot of:
- Total number of Active Certifications
- Number of certifications Added Last Month
- Number of Expired Certifications
- Expiring Certifications Count
You can use these numbers at-a-glance to see whether you are meeting your certification goals and know whether you need to follow up with members whose certifications are expiring.
Below the filter and summary, you see several graphs:
- Top 10 Certifications
- Certifications Uploaded by Week
- Total Certifications by Provider
- Expiring Certifications
You can download the graph ask a PNG file by hovering your mouse over the upper right corner of the graph card and click this icon when it appears.
Each graph shows specific information when you hover over a data point and has a description to explain what the graph is showing you. Try right-clicking the data in these graphs to open a menu like the following example:
On this menu, you can choose to:
- Exclude the data you're currently looking at.
- Include only the data you're currently looking at.
- Drill down into other variables that are available to see. With this option, you can find the names of individual members driving the data.
Once you have chosen one of the options from the above menu, the following icon appears in the lower right corner of the graph card. Click this icon to remove the filter.
At the bottom of the Certification dashboard, you see a table that contains a row for each certification that members of your account have uploaded. If you applied a provider filter at the top of the screen, the list includes only the rows that satisfy the filter.
You can use the menu in the upper right corner to download the rows as a CSV or XLSX file.
Tip: You can control several aspects of how this table appears by clicking the icon with three dots that appears next to a column name when you hover over it.
How to Navigate to the Certification Dashboard
Use the following steps to navigate to the certification dashboard:
- From the application dashboard, click the building icon to open the management dashboard.
- Click Intelligence on the left, and then choose Certifications from the menu that appears.