This article describes job role paths. Job role paths let you assign a special set of training that is associated with a particular job role to yourself. If you are an enterprise manager or administrator, you can also assign job role paths to a team or individual.
Note: Job role paths have a similar name to another feature, job roles. See How Job Roles are Different from Job Role Paths to understand the differences between these terms.
This article contains the following sections:
What Are Job Role Paths
Job role paths are specific sets of training activities that Cloud Academy has identified as helping learners prepare for a particular career. The job role paths are:
- Cloud Architect
- Data Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Software Engineer
Each job role path has multiple sets of training for various experience levels to help learners get ready for a position with that job role.
Users and managers can find job role paths in the training library.
- Members can assign themselves a job role training plan through the training library. Members can also choose a job role path when they first start their account if they choose the Job Role Path option during onboarding.
- Managers can assign a job role path to a team or individual member through the library.
The Job Role Paths section of the training library also includes Smart Job Role Paths, designated with a star. See Smart Skills and Smart Job Role Paths for more information.
How to Assign a Job Role Path
Use the following steps to assign a job role path:
- From the training library, select an option from the Job Role Path section of the library navigation.
A list of paths related to that job role appears.
- Click a job role path.
A summary appears so you can decide whether this is the job role path you want to assign. If this is not the job role path you want to assign, you can click back in your browser window to return to the list.
- Click Start Training Plan to assign to yourself. Select a due date and confirm the assignment and you are done.
Click Assign to my team to assign this content to a team or individual. Complete the steps of the wizard to choose whom to assign the training content and set a due date.