This article describes the Job Role Paths screen. On this screen, enterprise team managers and administrators can assign any of a set of special training plans that are associated with a particular job role.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Are Job Role Paths
- Job Role Paths Screen
- How to Assign a Job Role Path from the Job Role Paths Screen
What Are Job Role Paths
Job role paths are specific training plans that Cloud Academy has identified as helping a learner prepare for a particular job. The job role paths are:
- Cloud Architect
- Data Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Software Engineer
Each job role path has multiple training plans for various experience levels to help learners get ready for a position with that job role.
Users and managers can find job role paths in the training library. Members can assign themselves a job role training plan through the training library. Members can also choose a job role path when they first start their account if they choose the Job Role Path option during onboarding.
Managers can assign a job role path to a team or individual member through the library or through the Job Role Paths screen. Assigning a job role path through the Job Roles screen accomplishes the same thing as through the library but is easier.
Job Role Paths Screen
Use the following steps to navigate to the Job Role Paths screen from the dashboard:
- Click the building icon in the top toolbar to open the management menu.
- Click Training from the navigation menu on the left, and then choose Job Role Paths from the submenu that appears.
The Job Role Paths screen appears:
Click one of the job roles to see the paths it contains. The following image shows the paths in the Software Engineer job role:
From here you can:
- Click Back to Job Roles to go back to the previous screen.
- Click Preview content to see information about the job role. You can also assign the job role from this screen.
- Click Assign to start the assignment process without viewing the preview.
How to Assign a Job Role Path from the Job Role Paths Screen
Use the following steps to assign a job role path from the Job Role Paths screen:
- From the Job Role Paths screen, click the job role from which you want to choose a path.
A list of paths related to that job role appears.
- (Optional) Click Preview content to review the content of the job role path.
A summary appears.
- Click Assign or Assign this path.
The assignment wizard appears at step 1: Select Assignees:
- Find the team to which you want to assign the job role path and click Select next to the team name. You can use the search to help find the team. Alternately, click the Members tab to choose a member to whom to assign the job role path.
The next screen in the wizard, Step 2: Select Due Date, appears:
- Set the Weekly Commitment or Due Date. Optionally, you can enter a Training Objective. When the fields are complete, click Confirm and Assign.
The last screen of the wizard, step 3: Done, appears.
The last screen shows a summary of the job role path assignment you just completed. From here you can click View detail to see the assignment on the Training Plan Paths screen.