This article describes the Job Roles screen. On this screen, enterprise team managers and administrators can assign any of a set of special training plans that are associated with a particular job role.
This article contains the following sections:
- What Are Job Roles
- Job Roles Screen
- How to Assign a Job Role Training Plan from the Job Roles Screen
What Are Job Roles
Job roles are specific training plans that Cloud Academy has identified as helping a learner prepare for a particular job. The job roles are:
- Cloud Architect
- Data Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Software Engineer
Each job role has multiple training plans for various experience levels to help learners get ready for a position with that job role.
Users and managers can find job roles in the training library. Members can assign themselves a job role training plan through the training library. Members can also choose a job role training plan when they first start their account if they choose the Job Role Path.
Managers can assign a job role training plan to a team or individual member through the library or through the Job Roles screen. Assigning a job role training plan through the Job Roles screen accomplishes the same thing as through the library but is easier.
Job Roles Screen
To navigate to the Job Roles screen, hover your mouse over your company name in the upper right corner and choose Job Roles from the menu that appears.
The Job Roles screen appears:
Click one of the job roles to see the training plans it contains. The following image shows the training plans in the Software Engineer job role:
From here you can:
- Click Back to Job Roles to go back to the previous screen.
- Click Preview content to see information about the job role. You can also assign the job role from this screen.
- Click Assign to start the assignment process without viewing the preview.
How to Assign a Job Role Training Plan from the Job Roles Screen
Use the following steps to assign a job role training plan from the Job Roles screen:
- From the dashboard, hover your mouse over your company name in the upper right corner and choose Job Roles from the menu that appears.
The Job Roles screen appears.
- Click the job role from which you want to choose a training plan.
A list of training plans related to that job role appears.
- (Optional) Click Preview content to review the content of the training plan.
A summary of the training plan appears.
- Click Assign or Assign this path.
The assignment wizard appears at step 1: Select Assignees:
- Find the team to which you want to assign the training plan and click Select next to the team name. You can use the search to help find the team. Alternately, click the Members tab to choose a member to whom to assign the training plan.
The next screen in the wizard, Step 2: Select Due Date, appears:
- Set the Weekly Commitment or Due Date. Optionally, you can enter a Training Objective for the training plan. When the fields are complete, click Confirm and Assign.
The last screen of the wizard, step 3: Done, appears.
The last screen shows a summary of the job role training plan assignment you just completed. From here you can click View detail to see the training plan on the Training Plans screen. You can navigate back to this detail screen any time by choosing hovering your mouse over your company name and choosing Training Plans from the menu that appears.