This article contains a list of coming-soon changes to the Cloud Academy platform. Specifically, this article lists the changes that could affect code you have written using our API or automations that you have set up with our reports.
13 June 2022
Changing report filenames, names, and scope
On 13 June, you will see the following changes to reports:
- The scope of the Active Team Members report will be expanded to include invited users in addition to users who have accepted their invitation. The name of the report will change to Team Members report, and the filename you download will be team_members_YYYY-MM-DD--HH-MM-SS.zip
- For consistency, the name of the Active and Invited Members report will change to Members report. The filename you download will be members_YYYY-MM-DD--HH-MM-SS.zip.
9 May 2022
New Fields on Four Reports
We're adding the following two new fields:
- Job Role: Contains the title of the job role assigned to the team member identified in the User Id field. This field is blank if the member is not assigned a job role.
- Career Path: Contains the title of the career path that contains the job role identified in the Job Role field. This field is blank if the member is not assigned a job role or if the assigned job role is not part of a career path.
The fields will appear at the end of the following four reports:
- Active Team Members report
- Active and Invited Members report
- User Skills report
- Certification report
The fields are scheduled to be added to the reports during the week of 9 May 2022.
Additionally, two more fields are also planned to be added to the Active and Invited Team Members report that week:
- Current license expiry date: Contains the date the member's active content-access license is set to expire. This column is blank if the member does not have a current active content-access license.
- Previous license expiry date: Contains the date the member's most recently expired content access license expired. This column is blank if the member does not have a previously expired content-access license.
New Fields for the Progress Endpoint Payloads
We are adding two new fields to the payloads for the following API endpoints:
These two fields will appear in the payload in addition to the fields that you are already accustomed to. Nothing is being removed or changed.
The two new fields are:
last_success_rate: This field contains the success rate the user achieved in their last session. A value appears in this field for quizzes, exams, hands-on labs, and lab challenges:
- For quizzes and exams, this field contains the percentage of questions the user answered correctly.
- For hands-on labs and lab challenges, this field contains 100 if the user successfully completed the lab or 0 if they did not.
is_passed_once: This field is true if the user ever passed quiz, exam, hands-on lab, or lab challenge at least once.
These fields are available only through the API. They will be added to reports at a later date.
1 February 2022
Effective February 1, 2022, the following two reports will have new names:
- The Members Report will be called the Active and Invited Members report. The file you receive when you run this report will have the following filename:
- The Team Membership report will now be called the Active Team Members report. The file you receive when you run this report will have the following filename:
The content of these reports will remain the same, and nothing will change about the API calls you use to generate these reports. Only the names and filenames are changing. See New Titles for Two Reports for full information.
31 January 2022
Update your SSO Configuration
Cloud Academy and QA are in the process of changing our authentication provider, which will require accounts currently using SSO to update their SSO configuration. If you started your enterprise account subscription before October 2021 and have not already updated your configuration, you must complete this process by January 31, 2022.
See How the New SSO Configuration Is Different for instructions or contact your CSM for more information.
10 January 2022
Removing Training Plan Consumption Report API Endpoint
The following API endpoint was deprecated in October 2021 and will be removed on January 10, 2022:
Calling this endpoint triggered the generation of a deprecated version of the Training Plan Consumption report, which is no longer supported.
You must update any automations to call the following endpoint instead:
Calling this endpoint triggers the generation of the supported Training Plan Progress Report. You must make this change before January 10, 2022 to avoid a disruption in your reporting process.
10 November 2021
Addition to Learning Path Content Report
The Learning Path Content report will have a new columns called Learning Path Identifier appended to the end. This column contains a universally unique identifier for the learning path.
There are no current plans to deprecate the existing Learning Path Id column in this report; however, you should use this column instead of the Learning Path Id column in your automations.
Addition to Training Plan Content Report
The Training Plan Content Report will have a new column called Step Content Identifier appended to the end. This column contains a universally unique identifier for the content in this step of the training plan.
There are no current plans to deprecate the existing Step Content Id column in this report; however, you should use this column instead of the Step Content Id column in your automations.
31 October 2021
The following changes will occur on October 31, 2021. You should prepare for these changes by updating any reporting dependencies or integrations accordingly.
Changes to Reports
Changes to Reports APIs
Members: The following report endpoint will no longer be available after October 31, 2021:
You should update any integrations to call the following endpoints instead:
Training Plans: The following report endpoint will no longer be available after October 31, 2021
You should update any integrations to call the following endpoint instead:
Changes to LMS APIs
The following endpoints now have a version 2 available. The new endpoint documentation is available here. You should update your integrations to call the /v2 endpoints before October 31, 2021. On October 31, 2021, /v1 endpoints will stop working.
- V2 removes the pagination and instead returns a full list of company members in one payload.
- V2 uses an alpha-numerical identifier for members in the URL returned for each one as opposed to a numerical identifier.
- V2 removes the pagination and instead returns a full list of user activities in one payload.
- The following fields have been removed: entity_short_description, entity_description, object_id
- Progress is a single field, as opposed to three separate fields (progress_completeness, progress_coverage, progress_successful)
- The provided user ID must be the alpha-numeric version as opposed to a numeric ID.
- No user-facing change.