Welcome to our lab guide!
In this lab, you are asked to connect to a remote desktop connection. Some students report that they have connection issues, so below, you can find the steps to make sure you've started the lab using our lab instructions and how to troubleshoot connection issues to the remote desktop.
1) Ensure that the environment has loaded 100% before opening it using an incognito browser. This will ensure you will be able to enter the provided credentials from the lab instead of automatically logging in using any personal Microsoft credentials.
2) Ensure that the previous steps were followed strictly before proceeding to the next one.
3) Once on this step: Connecting to the Virtual Machine (RDP), go to Virtual Machine under services. Connecting to the Virtual Machine (RDP
4) Please choose the VM with ca-lab-vm in the name and it should lead you to the below screenshot. Click connect and choose RDP. If you are getting an error at this stage, please refresh the page as it may be taking a while for Azure to sync permissions.
5) Download the RDP file (ensure that IP address is set to public and the port number is 3389)
4) The RDP file will be downloaded. Double click on the file to open it and please log in using:
User name: student
This should lead you to the remote desktop:
In case the RDP file is not downloading or you can't connect, please ensure that both your device and network are not blocking downloads. Below are some additional steps that may be helpful:
1) Log off from the platform and close all open browsers
2) Clear cache and cookies. (It is important to clear the stored URL that may have been causing the error leading to the broken link)
3) Ensure you are not using a VPN or proxy which tends to block RDP connections
4) Please make sure no antivirus or firewall is blocking the environment from opening
5) Start a fresh browser and log back in, allowing cookies if prompted
I hope this helps! If the issue persists despite all the above steps being taken, please do not hesitate to let me know and send me a full-screen screenshot of where the issue is being encountered. Also, include the login details (username) so we can check if it is a credential issue with our lab.