This article discusses programs in Cloud Academy. In enterprise accounts, administrators and team managers can assign programs to teams and individual members.
This document contains the following sections:
- What are Programs
- How to Create a Program
What are Programs
Programs are a tool for training automation. When you create a program, you specify the following information:
- training goal. The goal determines how the automation works.
- training content that you want the automation to assign to members.
When the platform assigns a program to a team member, it chooses the due date based on the assignment date. That means that multiple team members who are assigned the same program may have different due dates if their start dates were different. A single team member can have multiple programs assigned at the same time.
The training goal that you choose for a program is the most important choice in how the program behaves. The choices are:
- Team Onboarding
- Company Onboarding
- Training for a Job Role
- Custom Smart Rule
The goal you choose determines how the system assigns the program.
Team Onboarding Programs
When you choose Team Onboarding as the training goal for a program, the system automatically assigns the program to a member as soon as they join a team. As the name suggests, a program with this training goal is useful for teaching new members of a team the basics of working on that team, such as standard procedures, introductions to the tools you use, and references for whom to contact for help.
Company Onboarding Programs
When you choose Company Onboarding as the training goal for a program, the system automatically assigns the program to a member as soon as they join your Cloud Academy account.
Note: At this time, the platform does not have a way to differentiate new employees who join your account from long-time employees who join your account.
Training for a Job Role Programs
When you choose Training for a Job Role as the training goal for a program, the system assigns your program to each user who has been assigned the job role that you specify. Note that this type of program contains training for people with this job role and not for people working toward this job role. This type of program can be useful for assigning training to everyone who performs a certain role, such as training about new additions to an existing platform.
Custom Smart Rule Programs
When you choose Custom Smart Rule as the training goal for a program, you simply assign the program content to individuals.
How to Create a Program
Use the following steps to create a program. You must be an administrator and team managers to complete this procedure.
- From the dashboard, click the building icon in the top toolbar. Choose the Training tab, and then Programs.
The Programs screen appears.
- Click Create new Program.
The Define your training goal screen appears.
- Choose the training goal. The steps that follow depend on which training goal you choose:
- Company Onboarding: No more tasks in this step. Go to the next step.
- Team Onboarding: Select the team. The platform will automatically assign the program to anyone who joins this team going forward.
- Training for a Job Role: Select the job role. The platform will automatically assign the program to anyone who is assigned this job role.
- Create Smart Rule: No more tasks in this step. Go to the next step.
- Click Continue.
The Define the content screen appears.
- Click Select from the Content Library and choose one or more pieces of training. Click the Update program content button to close the training window.
- Click Continue.
The Review and Confirm screen appears.
- Review the information you input for the program, and click Confirm and Deploy.