Welcome to Cloud Academy's guide for our Application Deployment Lab!
This lab was created in partnership with our sister organization, QA, and requires you to create a Microsoft 365 account in order to complete it. For students who are new to this process, it can be confusing and you might feel the need to stop. However, once you set up the 365 accounts, you'll be able to continue with the lab normally.
Below, you'll find the steps that you need to take to create the Microsoft 365 credentials during the lab:
Ensure that the lab environment has loaded 100% before starting the exercise:
Click “Open Remote Desktop” this should open a new browser tab:
Open the module:
4. Open a new browser and go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/enterprise/office-365-e3? and click free trial:
5. Enter any Email address you have and click Next, and then click Set up Account. Note to use an existing ‘real’ personal email account. This account will not be used at all as it is not an AAD account, so you only use this to set up a new account. Make sure to fill out the “Tell us about yourself” and use Adatum as the company name and 250-999 as the size. You will also need to input a valid phone number as MS requires you to validate the account.
6. In the Create your Business identity field, enter <adatum>+<something unique>.onmicrosoft.com e.g. adatumsc250121.onmicrosoft.com and then click Check Availability. Note this as your <AAD Suffix>.enter admin in the UserName box and Pa55w.rd! in the password boxes.
7. After clicking next, the account creation should begin; please wait a few minutes for it to finish.
8. Click on get started, and then once on this page, click Advance set-up:
9. You should now have an account and can proceed to Task 2: Add a Trial EM&S E5 subscription to your Office 365 E3 Trial
I hope this helps and that you've been able to move past this step. If you continue to have any trouble or if you have questions, please email email@example.com or use the Submit a Request link at the top of this page.